Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Church Calling

Dayv and I recently received new church callings. Dayv was called and set apart last sunday as the ward Athletic Cordinator. I haven't been "officially" set apart yet but I'm suppose to start this Sunday so I figured I could let the cat out of the bag as I do have a couple of readers in my ward. I have been called as the new Primary Chorister! I was a little taken back at first as it was totally unexpected. I was thinking more along the lines of activities committee or something like that. I can't sing worth anything but I have always loved children songs and one of my favorite things to do is sing with my kids. I have become a little overwhelmed with this calling as I have since joined a primary music leader yahoo group, looked at sugardoodle.net and now have a couple of primary chorister blogs on my list since I got the calling. There are SO MANY ideas out there! It's now not a matter of what should I do but WHICH ONE should I do!! I don't want to overwhelm the kids with too many new things at one time either. Anyway, I'm both excited and scared but I know the Lord will guide me through!

1 comment:

Markell said...

congrats! I know the kids will love you!