Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mildred Jane Smith


Dayv's grandma, Mildred Smith, died last night at the age of 88. We learned a couple of weeks ago that she had cancer all over in her abdomen. We really didn't think she would go so quickly. Dayv's mom had the impression last Friday night that she needed to come down now instead of waiting until this coming weekend, which was their original plan. Her intuitions are usually right and this was no different. She got to spend Grandma's last days with her. Dayv and I with the kids went to see Grandma on Sunday. You could tell it made her very happy to see the kids and just being with her family. My fondest memory of Grandma will always be when she came and stayed with us a couple of days after Tahirah was born to help out. She had always been one to help out anyway she could. Even though she couldn't see very well and her memory wasn't the best she was a wonderful help to me at that time. I was also very grateful for her visit because I along with Carson got to know her a lot better. Carson had so much fun with her. I had never seen an 80 year old lady run around with a 2 year old like that before. Carson would have her chase him and they would both be laughing hysterically. I will greatly miss Grandma Smith but I can't help but imagine the joyous reunion she is having right now with Grandpa, Aunt Tracie and Uncle Damon who preceded her in death. Till we meet again Grandma, Love you!

No comments: