Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Good Ol' Family Reunion

This past weekend the kids and I went with my Mom to the Hall Reunion. This is on my Mom's side of the family. It was at my Grandma and Grandpa Campbell's house. I won't say that I wish I hadn't of gone because it was nice to spend some time with my grandparents whom I rarely see but I will say that had to be the most....interesting family reunion I've ever been to. First, we ate. Then, we sat, and sat, and sat, and...you get the idea. Conversation? Well, that included the usual "Hi, how have you been doing?" "Where do you live now?" Along with a new topic that I personally have never encountered before: "Where are you going to be buried?" My mom got a hotel room for us and the kids. The kids weren't exactly on their best behavior but they did have fun swimming at the hotel and hanging out with Grandma Denton and Grandma and Grandpa Great Campbell. Carson was Grandpa's shadow, following him everywhere he went and asking him questions about what he was doing. And Tahirah was Grandma's little girl. Grandma was so proud when we went to church and had all four generations there. She was telling everybody. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures to show for it but all in all we had a good time. The only real downfall of the whole trip was that Carson got quite car sick....YUCK!

No comments: