Sunday, March 22, 2009

Introducing: LANDON GARY

Landon was born on Friday, March 20, 2009 at 8:32 pm. He weighed in at 9 lbs even and was 20 inches long. I was induced at 9 o'clock that morning. This is, I think, the only pregnancy picture of me just before I was induced.Landon still had not dropped so they could not break my water. I was dilated to a 4, and there I sat for 9 hours, with the pit as high as they are allowed to turn it up, until my midwife was able to break my water. Until then I was feeling the contractions but they were not uncomfortable at all. Pretty soon after he broke my water I started to feel a little uncomfortable. I quickly got EXTREMELY uncomfortable and Landon was born 2 1/2 hrs after Pete broke my water. This was quite the different labor for me. I hardly brought anything to do because all of my labors have been so fast. I think the major difference was they were not able to put me on pitocin AND break my water. Landon came out as healthy as can be and nursed very well immediately and has continued to be an excellent nurser. His cord was really long. I guess they could of been a bad thing but since it wasn't it was quite funny. Pete (my CNM) kept saying ok, here is the placenta, only to pull out more of the cord. I thought later we should of taken a picture. Maybe be in the Guiness Book of World Records for 'Longest Umbilical Cord'. Landon's brothers and sister have all been very thrilled with his arrival. They all fight over who gets to hold him. The first picture is Noah with Landon when the kids came to see me at the hospital and the next one is Tahirah trying to imitate Landon's lips. Carson has already been a huge help and keeps asking me what else he can do. Here is is at the hospital. I just wanted to thank everyone for their love and support! We appreciate it so much! Love you!!

6 comments:

Becky Wertz said...

He is SOO cute!! Makes me want one ;) Hopefully you will be up to visitors so I can come get my baby fill before the "wanting one" gets out of control. Glad you and he are both doing well and healthy

Natalie said...

Congratulations! Sorry, the labor was long for you. Man, you look so good (skinny) even when you are 9 months pregnant!

Victoria said...

Congratulations, Li! I wish I was there to come snuggle him and breathe in that 'new baby' smell. Do you HAVE to go to Canada in July?! ::smooches:: to you and that sweet family.

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing. He's adorable. I'm glad you both are doing well.

Travis and Kira Evans said...

Congrats! He is cute and does look like your other boys! Let us know if you need anything!

Moores said...

What a cute boy! I love all of the pictures! Congratulations!