Monday, January 19, 2009

The Nesting Instinct

I have come to the realization that it I want anything done around here I have to be 7 months pregnant. This is when I start organizing cupboards and closets, rearranging furniture, completing projects that have been left undone since the last time I was pregnant, and painting murals on my kid's walls. Yes, murals! When I was pregnant with Noah I got this crazy idea to paint a jungle mural in Carson and Noah's room. I drew the outline and had probably 1/3 of it painted. I have some pretty awesome friends who came over while I was in the hospital (without my knowledge) and painted all but one wall for me! I have not touched it since. Well, here I am 7 months along looking at my boy's room thinking, "I'm going to finish this before Landon's born". So, I'm back to painting. Along with the wall that was never painted, I have also decided to redo another wall because Carson and Noah's new bunk bed pretty much covers it up. I've also been changing and fixing some things on the other two walls. Carson is more than thrilled that I've decided to pick up the paint brush again. Now I just need to GET IT DONE before D-day because there's no more babies coming after this one to help me get my butt in gear again. I'll be sure to post pictures when it it done!

1 comment:

Markell said...

I wonder if that's why some women keep having babies. :) It's a great time to tackle big projects in addition the one your body is already undergoing.