Monday, January 26, 2009

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I just wanted to share this recipe with you. Take it or leave, it doesn't matter to me. I got it from my sister in law. I love it because it is so easy but it also tastes good (a definite bonus).

If you have leftover cooked veggies you can use those instead of the frozen. You can also try different condensed cream soups, depending on your taste and what's available in your pantry. I doubled this recipe and put it in a 9X13 casserole dish. When I tried it in the pie plate I only had it in the oven for about 20 minutes instead of 30 so be sure to watch it! Enjoy!

P.S. if you have any really good, EASY recipes you'd like to share, PLEASE do!! Just post it in the comments on this post!

EASY CHICKEN POT PIE
(http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipe/Recipe.aspx?recipeId=35898)

1 2/3 c. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 c. cut-up cooked chicken
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 c. Original Bisquick Mix
1/2 c. milk
1 egg

1. Heat oven to 400. In ungreased 9-inch pie plate, stir vegetables, chicken and soup

2. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate

3. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

4 comments:

Amber said...

That sounds so yummy and easy. I will have to try it while Andrew is recovering from his tonsillectomy. I have some good ones on my blog and more to post sometime!

Becky Wertz said...

I have tried this one before it is good. Anything simple is for me@

Christy said...

Glad you enjoyed the recipe. Have you seen the recipes on myfoodstoragedeals.com? Some of them look pretty good... and easy. One even uses Bisquick, which I happen to have on hand, ha ha.

Moores said...

I love chicken pot pie! :)