Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hangin' with the Fam

Dayv's parents (Ron and Janelle) arrived late Friday night from Canada. It's always fun having them come and stay with us and the kids, of course, love it! Despite not seeing them very often all three of the kids immediately attached themselves to them. We had a huge extended family picnic party yesterday up Cottonwood Canyon. Today we are having a much smaller family dinner with Ron and Janelle and Mike and Christy and kids. It has always been fun for me to get together with Dayv's family. It is a whole different experience then with mine. For one, there are ten kids in his family compared to the three in mine. Also, all of his siblings have kids and I'm the only one in mine. Everybody in Dayv's family is also very friendly. I have been hugged by complete strangers in his family.

The kids and I will probably be making a trip to Vegas this weekend. Dayv's sister Tiffany is flying in from Boston. I thought it would be a good time to go since Dayv's parents are already going down. Dayv unfortunately won't be able to make it because of work.

Carson is more excited then ever to start school on the 2nd of Sept. He has been driving me crazy! He is just bouncing off the walls!!! Tahirah has been getting into quite a bit of mischief lately. She has this thing with washing her hands and lately has been dumping the whole container of soap in the sink. Then yesterday I caught her cutting our dogs hair. And later discovered she also sniped a chunk out of Noah's! Kids......

1 comment:

Becky Wertz said...

Forgive me. I was working on less than an hour sleep in 2 days. It is all fixed. What's funny is when I was typing it I kept telling myself something didn't look right! LOL guess I was right.