Sunday, August 17, 2008

BEES.....AHHHHHHH!

Thursday morning my sister in law, Christy called and asked if the kids and I wanted to join them for a trip to Wheeler Farm. I happily obliged and we had a great time until......the bees! There is this very odd shaped tree that they call "the climbing tree" at the farm. The kids love it! Well, as the kids were climbing all over it both Carson and Tahirah came running over to me screaming bloody murder, crying and swinging their arms all over. I finally understood "BEES!" I tried to get them to calm down so I could see if they were still on them and where the stings were. Carson had two still attached to his shirt. Carson ended up getting four stings, three on his arms and one on his nose. Tahirah got one on her finger. Carson was apparently more sensitive to the bee stings then Tahirah because his started swelling up immediately. Christy went and told somebody who worked there about what happened and they told her that they knew about the bees and had just sprayed so they were probably very upset. Because this is a very popular place for kids to play she told them that maybe they should put a sign up warning the parents and kids so nobody else would get stung. We had planned on letting the kids play in the little stream that runs through the farm after we were done looking at the animals. Carson and Tahirah would not even get out of the wagon and just keep saying they wanted to go home. Despite the protests from Christy's kids we kept it short and drove back to Christy's house for some Benedryl and IB profen. We also tried the old antic, baking soda and water paste. Now that we were away from the bees they both calmed down and decided that they would be ok going to McDonald's instead of home like we had also planned. By the time we got to McDonald's Carson and Tahirah were acting like themselves and said their stings no longer hurt. Carson even said to me, "I guess now I know more about bees". It was the first time either one of them had been stung and I think now they will be deathly afraid of them.

No comments: