Monday, August 4, 2008

Geri's Swim School

We ended up taking Carson somewhere else for swim lessons. We just were not impressed with the West Valley Fitness Center's program or one of the teachers. I am so glad we did! Geri's Swim School is AWESOME! They actually teach them and focus a lot on technique. It is a 45 minute lesson everyday Monday through Friday for two weeks. The first 15 minutes are spent for play time which they bring out different pool toys every day. Carson likes the noodles the best. And then they have their lesson during the last 30 minutes. I'm sad I didn't go check it out sooner. Everybody in my neighborhood kept telling me how wonderful it was but I could never find out who to call or where it was. Luckily I was able to find out just before the last session by my new visiting teaching partner (who just moved in next to me) who happens to be a member of the family who runs it. The unfortunate thing is I will have to wait until next year to enroll him in another session. I guess we will have to try and go swimming a lot between now and then so he doesn't forget what he has learned. Carson has been doing so great! I am very proud of him. He used to be terrified of the water. Now he dives in head first! This Friday will be his last day and I'm sure he's going to miss it. Something else that Dayv and I have noticed since he started was that he has not complained about his legs or arms hurting. I have been suspecting he has something other than just "growing pains". I have a friend with Fibromyalgia and told me there is such a thing as Childhood Fibromyalgia. I read up on it and Carson does have a lot of the symptoms. It will be very difficult to get diagnosed though. I also read that swimming was something that would help it. Whether it's Fibromyalgia or not I was happy to find out that swimming did help him!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh how fun! Is he going to start Kindergarten this year?