Sunday, June 8, 2008

New Ward

Today we went to church in the same ward but it was a lot different then any other previous Sunday. The ward boundaries were recently changed and although the people who were in our ward before are still in our ward we have added roughly half of another ward that was completely dissolved as a result of the change. It was pretty crazy today. I am the 1st counselor in the Young Women's and it was my turn to teach. Before the change we had two girls, Amber and Brooke, that came regularly to church and activities. Today we had a total of about 15 girls! Needless to say it was very different. I have, of course, grown very close to Amber and Brooke and that will never change but it was nice having so many girls in class today. I think Amber and Brooke enjoyed it too. They have a couple of friends they go to school with now in the ward and I think activities will be more fun for them. I loved Young Women's but I can honestly say I didn't feel as comfortable with the rest of the meetings. Our ward has always been a very close knit ward because it was so small. You didn't really have your clicks. People of a totally different generation would talk to me like a good friend and that was really nice. I am going to miss that. I know it is only the first Sunday as a whole new ward and it will take some time to get to know people. It has defiantly been harder then I thought is was going to be. But for now I'm just trying to go with the flow.

No comments: