Sunday, June 21, 2009

The needle is stuck!

On the scale that is.... I haven't lost anymore weight since Landon was probably about 2 weeks old (he is now 3 months!). So, here is my plan: LOSE MORE WEIGHT! Christy and I have decided to try out my friend, Victoria's suggestions (who has been doing more than FABULOUS in losing weight) and keep a food journal. You write down EVERYTHING that you eat. I was thinking this idea would affect my eating habits even more if there was someone else that read my food journal besides me. So, Christy is joining me! We are starting tomorrow. I also decided that I need some extra motivation. So, I told my husband that I need a reward for getting down to my pre pregnancy weight (which gives me about 13 lbs to lose). I think I'm actually going to go the extra mile and say 20 lbs. even. Any suggestions on a MAJOR motivator? I told him new clothes but he said I'd get those anyway because I'd have to. True enough and I'm all for new clothes AND something else! Along with the food journal (which is suppose to make me eat less), I'm going to exercise, drink more water and have a special day for treats (another friend's idea). I was going to add a weight loss ticker on my blog too and maybe that will also give me a little motivation knowing all of my readers (what is there, like 3 of you?) will also be seeing my progress. Which will also mean I need to get a scale (these things have been ban from my house for quite a long time). Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Emily Nielson said...

You go girl!!! I know the biggest thing for me is exercise! When I'm doing good and exercising, I'm much less likely to each so much junk because I don't want to undo what I just did. LOL! Bytheway, I'm 1 of the 3 I guess. hehe ;)

Sandi said...

Good luck with it all!! Sometimes, something that helps me, since I live so far away from all my buddies, is to have online workout sessions. My sister and I started working out every morning. We'd get up and turn on the computer and meet around 7 am, then we'd work out for 30-45 mins, then we'd get ready for the day. It only lasted for a couple of weeks, but got me motivated to keep going! Again, good luck with it all. I might have to join you on that journalling, too!

Moores said...

Your amazing! Good luck! I am sure you are super skinny though! :)

Natalie said...

Hey, I'm on the same journey right now! I'm trying to lose 5-10 lbs. Good luck...I'm sure you won't need it though ;)