Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh Canada!

So, I'm a little behind in my blogging so I will start with our trip to Canada. We left on Thursday, June 25th and stopped at my parents house in Lewiston (close to Logan). We spent the night, dropped off our dog and left about 8 the next morning on Friday. The trip up was an absolute miracle. We had borrowed a portable DVD player with two screens from a friend and the three oldest kids either watched a movie or slept the whole way up. Landon also did a lot of sleeping and ate when he was suppose to. I couldn't believe it! Once we were in Canada we drove past a vistor's center that had a huge T-rex in front. We pointed it out to the kids and Carson was of course the most excited. He's comment was "I LOVE Canada!" and still talks about it. See, all you need is a T-rex and Carson will love you forever! We made it to the in law's in Raymond, Alberta around 7 o'clock that night. The next day, Saturday, Dayv and I went into Lethbridge without the kids and did a little shopping and of course eating at the Dynasty (a Chinese buffet restaurant that Dayv HAS to eat at). That night Michael, Christy and Family arrived. Sunday we all went to church. They sang 'Oh Canada' (which I missed b/c I was in the mother's room) and 'God Save the Queen' which was a little interesting. I actually spent a lot of time in the mother's room which I must say is the best mother's room I've ever been in. They even deliver the sacrament! Monday Michael, Christy, Dayv and I along with the babies all went back into Lethbridge for some more shopping and pick up of HUMONGO order of more Chinese food (are you picking up a pattern here?). I think we ended up eating that Chinese food for three days straight (Dayv even had it for Breakfast)! Tuesday we went on a field trip to the Raymond museum. Dayv and Michael found a relative in one of the books and there was even a piano that Michael took lessons on as a child (Now, there's a way to tell you're old!). We then took the kids to the park. Wednesday was Canada Day (Canada's independence day). They had a parade in the morning and then we went back to the house for a wiener roast and toasted marshmallows afterward. That evening there was a carnival "downtown" and everything was FREE! The kids had A LOT of fun at that. We then watched fireworks that night. Thurday we went to Writing-On-Stone which is a provincial park. They have rock formations called Hoodoos that the kids got to climb all over. We then had lunch and then headed over to the beach/river. This is Landon (on the left) and Christian. They both enjoyed a nice nap on the beach. Friday we took another field trip to the Pharmasave and let the kid's all pick out a candy bar (they were happy). Saturday we made our way back home, stopping at my parents once again for 4th of July fireworks. The only problem we had on the way back was Noah got constipated and therefore VERY uncomfortable but it was still not a bad trip home at all.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I love Noah's smile in the picture at the park! That was a fun trip, and it was enjoyable to read your memories of it. I didn't know that about Carson and T-Rex!