Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Poor Cat!

Last week I noticed that one of my cat Sabastian's fangs was looking like it was going to fall out. I took him to the vet and before we even got there it had fallen out in his kennel. The vet looked at his teeth and told me all of his teeth were rotted. She asked if I was sure on his age (5 years) because it was really unusual for a cat that young to have such awful teeth. So, she suggested doing a feline Leukemia and AIDS test. They both came back negative and we scheduled a dental which was yesterday. He ended up having ALL of his teeth pulled out! I felt so sorry for him. I guess he won't have to eat soft food for the rest of his life however. They told me eventually his gums get hard and he can eat hard food again, weird! So, now I have to figure out a way to give him his medication daily which is NOT going to be easy!

P.S. For anyone that wanted to view all of Landon's newborn pics I set up a hyperlink in the post below.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Sorry to hear about Sabastian's teeth. That is awful that he had to lose them all!