Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Busy Month!

(FYI, referring to my last post....nobody has gotten them all right yet. Not even their own Dad!) Well, this has been quite the busy month for us. Landon is now one month old! Time has just flown. A week after he was born my mom stayed with us for a week. The day she left my sister in law Toni and her kids came up from Vegas for a week. The kids swapped houses nightly between ours and Michael and Christy's. We also kept their two dogs here. It was so much fun having Toni here. She, Christy and I were able to have lunch and Toni and I were also able to have a day of shopping. I can't wait until she moves to Draper! I was almost kid free for three days. I drove the kids up to my Grandma and Grandpa Denton's house to meet my mom. She took the older three kids to my grandma Campbell's house for the Easter weekend. They are still talking about all the fun they had especially being able to hold the new baby kittens. My Grandma even made up some Easter baskets for them. The day after the kids left Dayv's parents, Ron and Janelle, came into town and stayed at our house for another week. It was a lot of fun having them around. We didn't think they were going to make it because Janelle had gotten shingles in her eye and herpes down her throat! Her throat was all better by the time they came and her eye had much improved. We blessed Landon on Easter Sunday since Ron and Janelle were here. Janelle made his adorable blessing outfit.Easter afternoon all the cousins had a Easter egg hunt at Michael and Christy's and then we all ate a fabulous Easter dinner prepared by Christy.

To top off all this madness Dayv and I celebrated out 7th anniversary! I can't believe it's been 7 YEARS! It has gone by so fast. I guess time flies when your having fun! We met Thanksgiving weekend in 2001. One of my roommates from college set us up on a blind date. We played laser tag and saw the first Harry Potter movie in the theatre. When I said goodbye to him that night I honestly never thought I'd see him again. I was definitely interested in him but just didn't get the feeling that he felt the same way. I tried to go home but they closed the canyon because of the snow. I was going to just sleep in my car at the gas station but Dayv had called my roommate and told her to tell me to call him. I did and he convinced me to come back to his aunt's house (where he was living) and spend the night there. Apparently I was wrong and he asked me out again and we visited the art museum at the university. Then he asked me to go to Vegas with him to help one of his brother's get his copy shop ready to open up. I'm still not exactly sure why I said yes, it sounds rather crazy now. It felt like we had known each other forever so at the time it really didn't seem crazy to me. Everybody was teasing me saying I was going to come back from Vegas married but instead I just came back engaged, two weeks after we had met! We got married four months later in the Logan temple and moved to Salt Lake. Now, here we are seven years later with four kids, three cats, two dogs and move in love than ever!!

8 comments:

Markell said...

You guys haven't changed at all! I thought that was a recent photo at first. :)

Becky Wertz said...

Wow you guys age well. You month has been crazy. Now that we are over our pnemonia and we are all clear according to the doc I need to get over there and see that baby before he is a toddler!!!

Emily Nielson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Nielson said...

I also thought that was a recent pic! Too funny. Happy Anniversary you guys!!!

Christy said...

It was fun to read about your first date and stuff that I didn't know/remember. Wow! Seven years? I remember the first time we met you...

Easter weekend was fun! The picture of Landon in is blessing outfit is really cute.

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I love your wedding dress! That is a cute story of how guys got together!

Natalie said...

Congrats on 7 years! Such a cute story. I love how you got engaged and married so soon and that you are still so in love! I love, love stories!

Moores said...

Happy seven year anniversary! That is awesome! I have to agree that you age really well! :)