Friday, September 12, 2008

Just a Little Update.....

Since it's been a while since I posted last I thought I'd give a little update on everything. We've had family in and out for the past two weeks and the last ones left late last night. It's always fun to have family around and we will defiantly miss them.

Dayv has been working six 10 hr shifts a week at the new soccer stadium and just recently went to a different job and is now back down to the normal five 8 hr shifts. It's been nice having him home a lot more often and I think tomorrow will be our first Saturday together in a long time. Although I will have to say, the overtime pay was very nice and we had just begun to catch us up on our finances. I don't know how we live day to day but somehow we do....

I have been keeping busy driving Carson back and forth to school everyday. It takes almost 2 hrs out of my day to do so. Today my sister in law, Christy, invited me out to lunch at MiMi's (one of my favorites). It was VERY good as usual and thank her for that nice outing. My kids weren't exactly on their best behavior but are they ever at a restaurant. Every time I go I remember why we don't go to restaurants anymore with the kids (besides the money factor). I will have my next prenatal appointment on Monday, Sept. 15th to see how Baby is doing.

Carson is just LOVING school. Every time I ask him what he did at school that day the first thing out of his mouth always has something to do with recess. I guess he has been playing basketball with some of the other boys. He says he doesn't learn much but I think to him a lot of things they do do not seem like the normal "learning" things and he just thinks he's having fun. Which I think is great! Yesterday at school he fell on his face after he got out the car and scratched up his forehead and glasses pretty good. We will have to replace one of the lenses in his glasses. Kids and glasses just don't mix too well and it gets rather expensive.

Tahirah has kind of been enjoying the time Carson is at school. She really loves the extra attention of course. I think I will put her into the same preschool Carson went to next school year.

Noah has just been Noah. A little tease and getting into everything. His language skills are starting to take off and he is just growing faster than ever. He is defiantly not a baby anymore. He has really gotten into the biting thing lately and for most of the time treats it like a game. He goes chasing after Tahirah mouth wide open and of course she runs around screaming. He gave her a pretty bad bruise today from it. I've tried everything to get him to stop and even resorted to biting him back. The biting back totally backfired on me because now he goes up to me, sticks out his arm and says "bite". He WANTS me to bite him. I obviously didn't bite him hard enough but try explaining THAT to the pediatrician.....

1 comment:

Becky Wertz said...

I agree. I love the overtime but I also like to see the hubby. But I REALLY love catching up on bills. Good luck with the biting we went through that to and the bite them back didn't work for us either just made Syd laugh