Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Random Recent Events

It's been a while, as usual so here is the update on everything:

VROOOOOOOM

Somehow Dayv was able to talk me into letting him get a motorcycle
, don't ask me how! I think it was because out of all the things he has been bugging me about, this was the cheapest. He has been riding everyday that the weather has cooperated and even looks for excuses to get out on it. He took Carson out around in our cul-de-sac, that is as far as I'll let him go and even that was making me a little nervous.


MORE ZZZZZZZZZ'S AND POUNDS

Landon is sleeping through the night! I couldn't believe considering how horrible he was for the first month of his life. Last night was the best with a total of 6 1/2 straight hours! YEA!! I recently weighed him at my parent's house and he is now up to 16 lbs! I think he has now surpassed Carson's phenomenal weight gain record when he was a baby. My Dad said maybe you have a lot of fat in your milk, whales do...thanks Dad!


MY NEW HOBBY

I have now picked up a new hobby, couponing! I have been into this whole grocery money saving thing with Deals to Meals which has helped A LOT in getting my food storage AND saving money on my weekly groceries. Then my SIL introduced me to Penny Pinchers and A Full Cup. I have never been much of a coupon fan until she kept telling me about all these things she was getting for pennies or even free. It works better if you get the Sunday newspaper but I went out last night with only coupons I printed online and got all of this:

4 wheat thins
4 Mayo
4 salad dressings
6 granola bars
4 bagelfuls
2 Special K
4 BBQ sauce
5 lbs apples

How much $$$?
A total of $16.87! I actually got paid to buy the BBQ sauce! Thanks Christy!

WHEELER FARM


I took the kids to Wheeler Farm last Thursday and they had a lot of fun. I didn't think Tahirah was go after our last trip to Wheeler Farm but as long as we stayed away from the "Bee Tree" she was ok. The cutest animal had to be the little donkeys that just loved to be pet and kept following the kids along the fence.


LOST

Last night I lost my debit card during my couponing trip. This is actually the SECOND time I have lost my card within the last two weeks. The first time I found it in my van AFTER I had canceled my cards. We got new cards and pin just a couple of days ago and I've lost it again! This time I just put a hold on my card to see if it turns up again. So frustrating!!




2 comments:

Becky Wertz said...

I am so jealous of your coupon skills. You have to teach me!!!! I am going to need all the pennies I can get for when we move....

Christy said...

Cool couponing picture!