Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Extent of my Creativity

I was trying to think of some creative, low-cost, stocking stuffers that I could make for the kids. An idea came to me for Carson. He has a lot of trouble with aches in his arms and legs and frequently has a "heating sock" at night. So, my idea was to make him one of those that was more than just a sock. As I was trying to come up with some other ideas for Tahirah and Noah I came across these patterns for little "cuddle pillows". They were made out of felt (which I already had tons of) and there were three different patterns. As my creative juices got flowing I came up with the idea to use the three patterns and then intead of just stuffing them, like the instructions say, I decided to make two rice packs to go inside them. One for heat and one to leave in the freezer for owies and put velcro on the bottom of the pillows to keep the rice packs inside. I have THE WORLD'S GREATEST sister in law (and NOT only for this reason) who agreed to help me by sewing them (since I don't sew). I am very happy with how they turned out and am so excited to give them to my kids!
I'm sure you can guess which one is Tahirah's. Carson's is the red one and Noah's is the green one.

6 comments:

Becky Wertz said...

My kids would freak out! They love gabba gabba. What a cute idea

Amber said...

Where did you get the pattern? Chloe would love those! Yo Gabba Gabba is huge at our house!

David and Alisha said...

LOL, I never even heard of the show (we don't have t.v at our house). If you are interested in the pattern I got it is here: http://www.nickjr.com/shows/yo-gabba-gabba/kids-crafts/yo-gabba-no-sew-snuggle-pillows.jhtml

Amber said...

Just be glad you have never heard of it. Their songs range from "Don't bite your friends" (which Andrew thought I was making up when I was singing it.) and the song which Chloe isn't fond of about not putting things you find on the floor in your mouth. And all this knowledge comes from a mom who isn't at home all day!

Markell said...

So cute! Thanks for the idea!

Natalie said...

That is such a good idea! You are creative! Have a Merry Christmas!